In this tutorial, we are going to create a Plan that will be used for booking meeting rooms.
The steps involved are:
- Create the Resource Types
- Create the Resources and link them to the Resource Types
- Create the Plan
- Create Plan Lines for the Plan and link each Plan Lines to a Resource Type
- View the Plan in the Planner Tab
- Create Bookings for the Plan to link Resources to Plan Lines for specified time periods
To create a Room Booking Roster, you will be repeating most of the steps shown in the Staff Roster.
Start by clicking on Resource Types.
This time the Resource Type Name will be named after the Room you plan on using in the Plan
Select the Related tab and add your Resource(s) here.
Fill in the required fields:
- Resource Name – Name of the Room
- Resource Type – Autofill
- Display Name – Name Shown on the planner
- Public – When enabled, this resource will be visible to all users
Always make sure Active is ticked before saving.
To create a plan, navigate to the Plans Tab and select new.
RIO Plan admins can create a plan through the planner tab (Only available to Admin Users).
Select a record type.
Enter the below:
- Plan Name
- Start and End Date
- Check Show on Planner
- Enter Location
- Resource Label (Autofill)
- Plan Line Label (Autofill)
Click on Plans in the Planner tab > select the Related tab > click New on the Plan Lines
Enter the following:
- Plan Line Name – Job Title, Nurse, Doctor, Carer etc
- Plan – this will be auto-populated with this Plan Name
- Resource Type – Link to the Resource Type you created earlier
- Resource – Link to the Resource you created earlier
- Check Auto Allocate if you want to auto-allocate a Resource to this Role, then select the Resource
- Order on Planner – Can be used to set the order on the planner
- Save or Save & New to continue adding more plan lines
Make sure you select Auto Allocate before saving. When you create a Booking in the Planner view, it will automatically select the chosen Resource.
Navigate to the Planner Tab. To view your newly created roster click View All.
You will now be able to view the roster that you have created. You will also be able to proceed to create some bookings.