- How to setup email notification?
- How to customise it?
- If an attachment is submitted in a form, how to display the attachment in the email notification?
Question #1: How to setup email notification?
- Login to Form Assembly > Click on Form
- Go to the Notification tab on right panel
- Under ‘Your Notifications’ section, choose Enabled (text email) to send text notification email or Enabled (HTML email) where the email content will be in HTML form.
Question #1: How to customise it?
If you would like to customise the email notification content, you can do so by selecting ‘Customized template’ under Email template selection after enabling email notification.
Note: You can play around with different aliases to display different information in the email notification. For example, use %%RESPONSE%% to display all submitted data in the form. Do bear in mind that hidden fields will also be displayed in the email notification.
Question 3: If an attachment is submitted in a form, how to display the attachment in the email notification?
If your form allows attachment and the recipient would like to view the attachment in the email notification, you can do so by using the below aliases:
- %%FILE_LIST%% = Displays URL link that directs to attachment record stored in Form Assembly. Login is required in order to view/download the file.
- %%UNPROTECTED_FILE_LIST%% = Automatically downloads the file when the URL link is clicked. Login is not required.