Following on from an earlier blog evaluating the new Jitterbit Data Loader, we thought we’d take a look at another tool available. The SKYVVA Integration Suite Starter Edition is a free data loader for Salesforce, let’s us take a look at this tool and compare it to the Salesforce Data Loader.
Here are the highlights of this tool:
- SKYVVA Integration Suite is installed into the Salesforce instance as an app which means that we can use the tool just by logging into the Salesforce instance.
- The input data can be either in XML or CSV format.
- Paid versions have the ability to use SQL statements to query records from database (configuration needs to be done to achieve this).
- Operation types included are: Insert. Update and Upsert
- Transformation formula which allows values/fields can be manipulated before they are imported to Salesforce (ex. generate Salesforce address field from separate fields like street, city, and etc.).
- We can also import parent-child relationship records (ex. Account and Contact) at one time by using the Chained Interfaces.
- We can monitor the status of the data load and also result of all the records after the load.
- Besides performing the data load manually, you can schedule the data load to run automatically.
- You can even trigger the data load to run automatically by sending the data file in email.
- Scheduler and email triggered data load are only available in paid version.
In summary, SKYVVA Integration Suite provides a number of good features to handle some of the complicated scenarios that usually occur in a data load, like data transformation and importing parent-child relationships records. Here’s a quick comparison to the Salesforce Data Loader: