Business organisations that plan to setup community users can use the following checklist as a requirement guideline for the initial setup. This is because there are so many considerations in planning the setup that at times it may be difficult to identify the starting point. With the following checklist, at least it will give you a head start that will essentially drive to your main objective to begin with.
- Do you have the required community license within your SF organisation?
- Identify the list of users to be made community users
- Which object records do you plan to share with your community users?
- Preempt the record visibility amongst the community users
- Identify the features such as (Knowledgebase, Chatter Answer) that may be necessary for the community users
- Is report sharing a necessity for the community users?
With the above checklist, we hope that it will get you going with ease.