This company earns their revenues through providing services and lab products.
Currently, all the product details e.g selling prices, promo prices are stored in different external systems. These details are not available in Salesforce.
The sales team will need to manually check for product details – product prices from different systems before adding them into the Salesforce quote. This is causing a massive backlog in the quoting process and the company is looking for a solution to expedite the process.
- User is going to propose Product A.
- The user logs in to system A to check for the selling price for Product A.
- Then, the user logs in to system B to check for the promo price (if any) for Product A.
- Once confirmed, the user includes Product A as line item in the quote.
- Create a custom page in Salesforce that allows user to search for the products.
- Using integration and web service calls, allow user to search for the prices of the selected products from both systems through the same custom page in Salesforce.
- From the price search results, user can proceed by creating a quote and and quote line items.
|Related Objects||Product, Pricebook, Pricebook Entry, Opportunity, Opportunity Product, Quote, Quote Line Item|
Web Service Calls base code generated via WSDL2Apex then further modified to suit the need.
Challenge encountered as the initial WSDL file was not compliant with WSDL2Apex requirement and necessitated adjustment before it can be parsed by WSDL2Apex.