Customer’s business is providing training classes. Enrollment is made on a monthly basis depending on the course offered during the month. These enrollments are tracked in a Salesforce Opportunity and the attendees are tracked as contact roles on the Opportunity.
In the manual process, when the course has reached a defined stage, the Opportunity stage is updated to a custom stage called ‘Process Enrollment’ and the course trainer checks to make sure at least one contact role exists for the Opportunity.
A manual process is then followed to generate the:
- invoice for the course
- certification (sent at the end of the course)
In addition to handling the above if a course is cancelled, the following occurs manually:
- deletion of the invoice
- deletion of the certification
The current business model requires effort from both course trainer and the organiser, automation was required to reduce time and errors in the manual process.
- Automate the verification process to ensure there is at least one contact role at stage = ‘Process Enrollment’
- Reduce staff effort by generating an invoice/certificate automatically at Opportunity Stage = ‘Process Enrollment’
- Automate the record deletion when course a is cancelled