The customer RTO business involves collection of student’s Tax File Number (TFN) for HEIMS reporting. We need to provide customer a method to validate the TFN number provided by students:
- The TFN given must be in 8 or 9 digits format
- The TFN must fulfill algorithm checks based on a document given by customer
A trigger to check the TFN provided before the record is saved:
- Use text instead of number so that ‘0’ is not omitted when it is a leading digit.
- Length check to ensure TFN provided is either 8 or 9 characters. Throw error when it is not.
- Two version of checking against algorithm, one for 8 characters, one for 9 characters. Throw error if it doesn’t pass the checking.
|Components||Apex Class, Apex Trigger|