In order to evolve EDA, the Telemetry functionality captures different levels of usage and user adoption. These metrics will guide the product’s evolution.
Of course no personally identifiable information is collected thorough EDA Feature Telemetry, as the focus is on collecting information about what features are being used by organisations and what’s not in active use.
Metric collection can involve three types of data:
- Boolean (True/False),
Note: EDA Feature Telemetry data is collected during the push upgrade process.
Some of the metrics included in their collection process are:
Accounts and Naming
- How many orgs are using the Administrative Account model as the default setting?
- How many orgs are using the Household Account model as the default setting?
- How many orgs are using an Administrative Account custom naming format?
- How many orgs are using a Household Account custom naming format?
- How many Administrative Accounts exist in the org?
- How many Household Accounts exist in the org?
- Is automatic household naming enabled?
- How many auto-create relationship rules exist in this org for Campaign Members?
- How many auto-create relationship rules exist in this org for Contacts?
- How many orgs are using Value Inversion relationships?
- How many orgs have one or more user-managed TDTM classes?
- How many orgs have disabled one or more EDA TDTM classes?
- Is EDA error handling enabled in this org?
- Are error logs being stored in this org?
- How many active record types does an org have for Course Connection?
- How many records of the following types does this org have?
- Program Plans
- Plan Requirements
- Course Connections
- Course Offering Schedules
- Term Grades
Want to know more? Check out the article at EDA Feature Telemetry.